My beautiful cousin-in-law Emmy Mom hosts a monthly meme called 10 Things to Smile About. It all began several years ago when she was having a hard time after a long month to find things to be happy about. I love this idea and do it occasionally on my family blog but thought I'd start here as well.
10 Things to Smile About in February
1. Celebrating Miss M's 8th birthday at Disneyland.
2. Gathering with family and friends to celebrate Miss M's choice to be baptized. (For those not members of our church, children in our congregation are baptized when they are 8 years old. You can find out more about baptism here: http://mormon.org/)
3. Going to see the musical The Wizard of Oz for date night.
4. Spending a weekend with my awesome sister-in-law
5. Getting to see our dear friends from the Bay Area. Love you guys!
6. Watching my five year old, Mr. N, fight Darth Maul at Jedi Training.
7. Spending an evening with six 7-8 year old girls for Miss M's birthday party. We only moved here a few months ago and it warmed my heart seeing how these girls have embraced Miss M and become great friends.
8. A trip to the beach. As a girl who grew up near the ocean it was a long overdue trip.
9. Having fun handing out Disney Cast Member Thank You Notes from Power of Moms Disney Guide. Such a great idea!
10. Taking a road trip to Arizona to tour the new Gilbert Temple. Such a great family experience.
What made you smile this month?