might·y: possessing great and impressive power or strength

tow·er: a place of defense; a protection

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Don't Forget to Look Back


There is a lot of talk out there about how we should always look forward and never look back. Well, call me Justin Bieber but I believe never say never. 

Yes, it is good for us to not dwell on mistakes or choices we've made in the past that may have not been what we wanted. However, recently I was spending all my time looking forward and it seemed like a long road ahead. 

Then, this morning I got an email from Fitbit that forced me to take a look back. I don't even use my fitbit anymore (it is lost in my house somewhere and has been for months). However it is linked to myfitnesspal and I logged in to that last night for the first time in almost a year and in the process updated my current weight.


I was surprised to see this number because it shows more than just the last 11 months where I've lost 60 pounds. It shows the extra 20 I had back when I started using a fitbit tracker.
I guess my point in sharing this is simply to say never forget how far you've come. We can't be perfect all the time and we will stumble and fall on any journey. When those hard times come where all you see is a long journey in front of you take a moment and look at how far you've already come and take courage.


No comments:

Post a Comment