might·y: possessing great and impressive power or strength

tow·er: a place of defense; a protection

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Message in a Cough Drop

My husband bought these new cough drops which say they have "a pep talk in every drop." Kind of like Laffy Taffy or Dove chocolates but instead of jokes or messages of love it has motivational sayings.

After a bit of an asthma/coughing attack mid-sleep tonight I was feeling sorry for myself as I have been sick for a month straight.

I opened one up and it said,

"You've survived tougher." 


Picture from Sams Club Website

Talk about the right message at the right moment. It took my bedroom at 12:30 at night from being a place of whining to a place of perspective.

I HAVE survived tougher things than this. And not only have I survived, but I've grown and become stronger because of them.

Thanks Halls.

No comments:

Post a Comment